Expressions of interest for Volunteer Grants are now open to organisations based in the Canberra electorate.
Grants of between $1000 and $5000 are available to help community organisations to support their volunteers. The grants can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers or for the reimbursement of volunteer fuel, transport, or training costs. Grants can also be used to promote awareness and increase participation in volunteering opportunities.
The Volunteer Grant program is administered by the Department of Social Services. More information and guidelines can be found on the Australian Government GrantConnect website.
- Be a legal entity, or
- Be an unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application entering into an agreement on behalf of the Unincorporated Association. This means that if
your grant application is approved, the primary contact will assume all legal liability and
become personally liable for the delivery of the funded activity, expenditure of funds and any
other associated obligations arising from the grant agreement validly executed, and
- Have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for your organisation
- Be a not-for-profit organisation
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be willing to provide a Statement by Supplier
- Form (reason for not quoting an ABN). Please refer to the Australian Tax Office website for
- Have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation
- be based within the electorate of Canberra. You can check this on the AEC website
To be eligible you must be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Company under the Corporations Act
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity and
- Be willing and legally able to enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth (refer to
If you require assistance with the online form, please call the office on 02 6247 8475.
Fill out the online expression of interest form below so your organisation can be considered for a grant. Expressions of interest close 16 September 2022.