Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are now open for the Powering Communities Program.
The Powering Communities Program assists not-for-profit community organisations in Canberra to reduce energy use, improve energy productivity, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The Powering Communities Program aims to save energy and reduce power bills for community organisations through:
- Upgrading equipment to reduce energy consumption
- Undertaking energy management activities and assessments, such as energy systems assessments and feasibility studies
- Investing in energy monitoring and management systems
- Investing in on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries.
Up to $67,700 is available in the Canberra electorate to fund up to 12 projects.
Eligible projects include:
- Installing solar PV systems and solar-connected batteries
- Replacing some energy using equipment with new, more efficient equipment
- Energy audits and monitoring equipment.
Community organisations can apply for grants between $5,000 to $12,000.
A full list of eligible activities and further information is set out in the Program Guidelines at https://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/powering-communities-program
To be considered for a grant and be eligible to apply, your community organisation must fill out an EOI form via my office.
Expression of Interest forms can be requested by emailing [email protected]
If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact my electorate office on 02 6247 8475.
EOIs are due by COB Wednesday 30 June 2021.